Monday, June 18, 2012

The Gift of Books

I recently hooked up Little Kat with an Amazon Kindle Reader loan. He created a new account to associate with the reader. Little Kat needed a credit card or gift card to establish his account. I was going to buy some Kindle books for him to read this summer anyway. So I decided to get him a gift card.

I went onto Amazon and bought a gift card that I could print out myself. I put enough cash on the gift card for a single Kindle book purchase. Little Kat was able to enter the secret code on the gift card to create his Kindle account. He then proceeded to buy the first book he plans to read.

Next we decided to let Little Kat also purchase a second book he plans to read with Momoko this summer. I purchased and printed a second gift card for Little Kat. He is still very excited with this Kindle Reader. The thing is very light. It looks like a digital copy of a real book. The background is bright with black lettering.

Little Kat already figured out how to browse the Internet using the Kindle Reader. Let's hope he spends most of his time on it actually reading. He did an initial test of his first Kindle edition book. I bought Momoko a paperback version of the same book so he could read along with Little Kat. He found that the Kindle version matches word for word with the paperback, as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment