Tuesday, June 19, 2012

First Book Study

Day: Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Book: A Field Guide To High School
Pages read: 1-6
Time: 20 minutes

I spent last night reading our new book selection.  I read about 40 pages and I was excited to talk to Little about what he read.  Little read for 20 minutes and I was surprised that he only read 6 pages.  I guess with more practice he will increase his reading speed.  This book had a lot of references to teen movies that he had not seen so he didn't understand the references like, she is going to Yale like Rory on The Gilmore Girls or First Daughter Barbara Bush.  We spent some time discussing the references as well as some vocabulary.  The word that gave him the most trouble was "cliche".   I think he has a better understanding now because he used it in a sentence about annoying little brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment