Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Red to Black: The Making of Rogue Legacy

I am a huge fan of Roguelike games. Not a big fan of this book. This book documents the path taken to produce Rogue Legacy. It was developed by two brothers. One of them kept a side job to pay the bills. The other programmed the game full time. They had previously made smaller Flash games..

This book did cover a bunch of details. An example is the story of how they hired musicians to produce the music for the game. But interesting details were missing. Game development itself is not such an exciting subject. I was hoping the author could make it exciting.

I can say that I have never played Rogue Legacy. This book did not make me want to run out and download the game. Too bad. I am working extra hard to choose a better book to read next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment